Use this page to review the questions and ans wers. Return to www.DentalAcademy OfCE.com and sign in. If you have not previously purchased the program select it from the “Online Courses” listing and complete
the online purchase. Once purchased the exam will be added to your Archives page where a Take Exam link will be provided. Click on the “ Take Exam” link, complete all the program questions and submit your ans wers.
An immediate grade report will be provided and upon receiving a passing grade your “Verification Form” will be provided immediately for viewing and/or printing. Verification Forms can be viewed and/or printed
anytime in the future by returning to the site, sign in and return to your Archives Page.
INS TANT EXAM CODE 15166
1. Globally, which drug is the third
leading cause of mortality?
2. Which medical term is used to
describe the abuse of drugs or alcohol
that continues even when significant
problems related to their use have
developed in a patient’s life?
b. Substance dependence
d. None of the above
3. Which prescription medication drug
class is one of the most commonly
abused drugs as presented in this
4. Which of the following drugs is the
most wide abused drug in the world,
with more than 90% of American
adults dependent on its effects?
5. How many milligrams of caffeine are
contained in one cup of coffee?
6. What percentage of American middle
and high school students consume
7. Which of the following conditions is a
person who has a chemical dependency
problem at increased risk for?
c. Cardiac arrest
d. All of the above
8. What percentage of the American
population suffers from a mental
9. What percent of the United States
population ages twelve and older have
used an illegal substance in the last
10. What is the number one cause
of injury-related death in the
a. Tobacco use
b. Drug poisoning
d. Vehicular accidents
11. Which of the following has been
discussed in the literature as a
possible etiological agent for chemical
b. Environmental stressors
c. Societal pressures
d. All of the above
12. The genes GABRA2 and CHRM2
have been associated with which drug?
13. The A2A receptor gene
(ADORA2A) has been associated
with which drug?
14. What is the relapse rate for
15. Which drug presents with
the clinical findings of pinpoint
constricted pupils, bradycardia,
hypotension, decreased body
temperature, and respiration
16. Which drug presents with the
clinical findings of dilated pupils,
hypertension, increased respiration,
tachycardia, and Parkinson’s-like
17. Which drug can cause reddening of
18. Which drug can cause fetal alcohol
19. A person who abuses alcohol is likely
to be deficient in which vitamin?
a. Vitamin A
b. Vitamin B1
c. Vitamin C
d. Vitamin D
20. Which drug can present with the
clinical findings of muscle strains or
ruptures, altered sex drive, prostate
enlargement, irreversible breast
enlargement, painful erections,
shrinkage of the testicles, and
abnormal sperm production?
21. Which branch of the federal
government is responsible for the
prevention of and research for
d. Department of Health and Human Services
22. What percentage of government
funds allocated for alcohol and drug
abuse goes toward prevention and
treatment research versus funds
allocated for law enforcement of drug
23. How many Americans receive
substance abuse treatment each year?
b. 3 million
c. 15 million
d. 30 million
24. In 2014, what percentage of
sentenced inmates in federal prison
were serving time for drug offenses?